Tuesday 9 November 2010

Goodbye Angel!

All volunteers have their little favourites... mine has gone a little bit too far and the mama's call certain kids 'mtoto wako' (your child) and yes I've often played along and said 'ah mtoto wangu!' (ah my child!) as it's an excuse to get extra cuddles from my favourite babies! 

Today one of 'watoto wangu' (my children) left today, to go and live in the south of Tanzania with her adoptive mum and dad. I had met the mama a few days earlier... Angel was being her usual clingy/cuddly self and as I was trying to help with snack I took out a kanga and tied her to my back. After snack Moses led the pack in getting on their hands and knees and pretending to be a dog, so I, with Angel still tied to my back, was doing the same as a mama walked into the garden. The manager told me the lady was here to see Angel... I blushed as I jumped slowly got up, said Shikamoo (respectful greeting to elders), untied Angel, and handed her to her very nice mama. 

We know when children are going to be adopted of course, but the day itself comes without warning so the day I discovered Angel was leaving I ran to the Baby Home to spend my final hours with her. I would have done anything to follow all the adoption rules to finally take Angel home; I have seen her go from an ugly little baby (sorry!) to a beautiful little girl, but now she has a mama and baba who I know will love and care for her like a princess... and Angel is a princess!!

Here are pics of our time together, old and new....


Goodbye Angel... I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment